Roku users have to change or delete their Roku account in some cases, but because there is no direct option in the Roku device from where users can change their account, And that’s why Roku users face difficulty in deleting their accounts from Roku devices.
So if you are also one of those users who want to change their Roku account, then you have come to the right place. how to change Roku account on tv With this question, we have also covered the solution to other questions related to this topic, so stay till the end.
How to Change Roku Account on TV
Because there is no option given to change the account in Roku device, for this you have to factory reset your Roku device, factory reset is the only option with the help of which you can set up the account again in your Roku device. the option appears and using this option you can sign out of your Roku account or switch accounts.
As mentioned above, there is no option or shortcut key available to switch accounts in Roku, you have to factory reset your Roku device to switch accounts.
As soon as you factory reset your Roku device, it gives you the option to log in once again and create a new one.
If you have any problem resetting your Roku to the factory, then you can follow the process of factory resetting to the Roku device given below.
How to Factory Reset Roku to Change Roku Account?
Although Roku has not provided an easy option to change the account on your device, you can easily factory reset your Roku device.
The process for factory resetting is the same for all Roku devices, including the Roku TV.
Before factory resetting the device, you need to keep one thing in mind, if you factory reset your Roku device, then all the credentials and preferences you have entered in your device will be completely erased.
Follow the steps below to factory reset your Roku device:-
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote
- In the Roku home menu, scroll down by pressing the down button on the Roku remote and select the Settings option.
- Next, select the System option
- Now select Advanced System settings
- Select Factory reset in Advanced system settings
After selecting the option of factory reset, the process of factory reset will start, you have to wait till the reset process is completed.
If for some reason you are not able to do the above-mentioned procedure then you can also follow the other way to factory reset your Roku device.
You can also factory reset your Roku device very easily with this alternate method.
- On the back of the Roku device, you will see an option for a reset button or a reset pinhole.
- This reset option varies according to the Roku device, if your device has a reset button, then to reset your Roku device, hold it for 10 seconds, keep in mind that your Roku device must be on.
- If the reset pinhole option is given on the back of your Roku device, then you will need a mobile sim pin ejector or paper clip.
- To reset the device, insert the paper clip into the reset pinhole while the Roku device is on and hold it for 10 seconds.
- After a few seconds, the LED will start blinking, in which case your Roku device has been reset.
- After the reset process is complete, you are free to add new accounts to your device
How to link New Account to Roku
After the factory reset process is complete turn on your Roku device, once you turn on the Roku it will take you to the next setup screen
First of all, you have to select the language according to you, after that, you have to connect your device to a WiFi network.
If a new update is available then update your Roku device and later select the display type and set the necessary settings accordingly,
When the code appears, you will be asked to log in to your Roku account, open the Roku activation link on your smartphone or PC browser
Enter the code displayed on the Roku TV on the activation page and submit
If you want to log in to your existing Roku account, then select the option ‘Yes, I already have one
If you want to create a new account, then you have to select the option ‘No, I need to create one
You have to wait for a few seconds until Roku updates the channel, after the channel is updated your Roku device is linked, and now you are free to use your Roku device
If you can’t find the link code on your Roku TV screen, look for the activation link in the inbox of the Roku user account email address you entered on your Roku device.
How do I add another account to my Roku?
You will have to factory reset your Roku device for this only then you will get the option to add another account
Where to find Roku link code on tv
It has been observed by Roku users that now Roku is sending the activation link to the Roku user account email address entered by you for activation of the device, so you should check the inbox of your user account email address for activation.
Roku link code not displayed on tv
You should check the inbox of your Roku user account email address Roku is sending an activation link to the email address